Numb Hands When I Wake Up

Numb Hands When I Wake Up - Do y'all ever wake up with your hands feeling all numb and tingly? It's like they fell asleep, but they won't wake up no matter how much you shake them. I used to think it was just a one-time thing, but then it started happening more often. I was worried, so I did some research and found out that there are a bunch of reasons why this could be happening.

Reasons Why Your Hands May Be Going Numb:

1. Poor Sleeping Position:

Person sleeping on their stomach with arm under pillow

Y'all ever wake up with your hand numb because you slept on it wrong? I know I have. Sometimes I sleep with my arm under my pillow, and that can put pressure on my nerves and cut off the blood flow. Other times, I fall asleep with my hands above my head, and that can cause them to go numb too.

Tip: Try to sleep in a position that keeps your hands and arms relaxed and get a good pillow.

2. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:

Person at a computer with wrist braces

You know when you've been typing or using the computer for too long, and your hands start to hurt? Well, that pain could be more than just fatigue. It could be the beginning of carpal tunnel syndrome. Carpal tunnel is a condition where the median nerve, which runs from your forearm to your hand, gets compressed. This can cause numbness and tingling in your hands.

Idea: Take breaks when using the computer, stretch your hands and wrists, and consider using wrist braces.

3. Vitamin B12 Deficiency:

Foods high in vitamin B12

Did you know that a vitamin B12 deficiency can cause numbness and tingling in your hands and feet? Vitamin B12 is an essential vitamin that helps your body produce red blood cells and keep your nervous system healthy. If you're not getting enough B12, your nerves can start to malfunction.

How To: Eat foods high in B12 like fish, poultry, eggs, and dairy or consider taking a supplement.

4. Radial Tunnel Syndrome:

Person holding elbow with pain in arm

Radial tunnel syndrome is a condition where the radial nerve, which runs from your upper arm to your hand, gets compressed. This can cause pain and numbness in your forearm and hand.

Idea: Try doing exercises to strengthen your forearm muscles, use proper form when lifting weights, and avoid repetitive arm movements.

5. Poor Blood Circulation:

Person holding heart on hand

If your hands are feeling numb, it could be because you have poor blood circulation. When your blood isn't flowing properly, it can't bring oxygen and nutrients to your nerves, causing them to malfunction.

Tip: Exercise regularly, quit smoking, and try massaging your hands to improve blood flow.

So if you're anything like me and have been waking up with numb hands, don't ignore it. Try out these tips, and if the problem persists, consult a doctor. Better safe than sorry y'all!

Read more articles about Numb Hands When I Wake Up


💠 Caraprofesor 💠 Afuza 💠 Phiral 💠 Misterdudu 💠 Jalanlagi ðŸ’